- RSS Channel Showcase 6119837
- RSS Channel Showcase 7131304
- RSS Channel Showcase 4561216
- RSS Channel Showcase 3977377
Articles on this Page
- 03/01/13--03:41: _Luvee
- 06/06/13--17:46: _Till next time
- 07/01/13--04:22: _Oh, Dominion Day!
- 11/03/13--07:41: _Greed registries
- 11/08/13--04:27: _Vegorama Pizza
- 12/09/13--04:07: _First friends
- 12/20/13--10:22: _5 days
- 12/23/13--17:39: _Musings on a Monday
- 02/16/14--08:34: _Random Five … Sunday
- 10/31/14--04:25: _Halloween Random 5
- 11/23/14--08:08: _Sunday in threes
- 11/28/14--12:37: _Random 5 Friday ~ o...
- 04/16/15--05:15: _Random 5 .. Thursda...
- 05/08/15--05:13: _Random 5 Friday ~ M...
- 06/25/15--05:35: _Random 5 – Summer, ...
- 10/30/15--05:22: _Goofballs & Billy Boy
- 11/09/15--08:20: _Random 5…. Monday
- 11/27/15--09:45: _Random 5 Friday and...
- 12/11/15--04:13: _Random 5 Friday ~ 2...
- 12/27/15--09:59: _Christmas 2015 ~ Ch...
- 03/01/13--03:41: Luvee
- 06/06/13--17:46: Till next time
- 07/01/13--04:22: Oh, Dominion Day!
- 11/03/13--07:41: Greed registries
- 11/08/13--04:27: Vegorama Pizza
- 12/09/13--04:07: First friends
- 12/20/13--10:22: 5 days
- 12/23/13--17:39: Musings on a Monday
- 02/16/14--08:34: Random Five … Sunday
- 10/31/14--04:25: Halloween Random 5
- 11/23/14--08:08: Sunday in threes
- 11/28/14--12:37: Random 5 Friday ~ old toys and traditions
- 04/16/15--05:15: Random 5 .. Thursday ~ Love and Death
- 05/08/15--05:13: Random 5 Friday ~ Mother’s Day
- 06/25/15--05:35: Random 5 – Summer, strawberries and being pretty
- 10/30/15--05:22: Goofballs & Billy Boy
- 11/09/15--08:20: Random 5…. Monday
- 11/27/15--09:45: Random 5 Friday and special occasions
- 12/11/15--04:13: Random 5 Friday ~ 2 weeks!
- 12/27/15--09:59: Christmas 2015 ~ Changes, lessons and blessings
Growing up, Uncle Mac, my Mom’s brother, used the word “Luvee” with us. It was most definitely a term of endearment and we stood taller and felt prettier whenever he said it. Uncle Mac, smart and handsome, was an airline … Continue reading
Well, they’ve come and they’ve gone. My Mom, Sister and I had 6 full days together. Add in Hubbs, the boys, grand kids, good friends + Frankie the dog and that garnered us many hilarious and heartfelt moments. More than … Continue reading
emjayandthema custom snack bar in their hotel suite :)Go Tigers! Probably should stick to cooking, not photography!Frankie's rexhausted! Mom and her only great grand-Daughter, MJ
Just like it’s neighbor to the South, Canada has it’s own summer celebration to be proud of: Canada Day. When I was a kid growing up in rural Saskatchewan, the day was referred to as “Dominion Day.” Renamed “Canada Day” … Continue reading
emjayandthemone end of the pie table. image from canada-maps.org William and Kate at Canada Day, 2011 (wikicommons.org)Oh Canada!
This weekend, I looked over a Registry for a shower I’m invited to. Holy Dollar Bill$, Batman! Does anyone else remember Church basement showers where “you get what you get and you didn’t throw a fit?” What happened to Pyrex … Continue reading
emjayandthemShowers I grew up attending looked like this. Without the men!
‘Tis the season again! The Fall/Holiday potlucks have begun. :) In a quest to eat a bit healthier, I made this dish recently. For my office-mates. You know, the team who rarely touch vegetables. Yep, at our office we have … Continue reading
emjayandthemphoto from Allrecipes.com
Growing up, I was lucky to have so many cousins. I had fun cousins. Older cousins, bigger cousins. Girl cousins and boy cousins. Near and far cousins. Cousins that I knew well, others not as much, but when we got … Continue reading
emjayandthemCousins Sam, Olivia, Ayden and Mylee; an emjayandthem(C) photo
Till Christmas! And today, I gave myself an early Christmas present …a day off. No driving, no sliding, no conferencing, no filing. Whee! As it turned out, schools in West MI closed today, 1″ of ice on the roads tends … Continue reading
emjayandthem"I could quit smoking before I could quit eating these" - Mr Hubbscandiquick
Well, here we are. The night before .. the night before Christmas. All is calm, all is bright. OK, for the most part :). Hubbs is happily on vacation already but I’m not until tomorrow afternoon; the boys will be … Continue reading
emjayandthemjoyous grand-children, Christmas 2012; an emjayandthem photo"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care and Frankie the fat dog was asleep in his lair .." Christmas 2012; an emjayandthem photo
1. The sun was out yesterday – all day long. It. Was. Glorious. More than once, I found myself near the window, soaking up the warmth like a lizard on a lounge chair. Ahh. 2. Today I’m off to meet … Continue reading
emjayandthema little bit too true sometimes!
It’s Friday! It’s Random! It’s Halloween! Here we go…. 1. I don’t know about you but Halloween was one cool night when I was a kid. Having it land on a Friday was like a gift from above. A Friday … Continue reading
emjayandthemGoogle Images.com It was hot with sharp edges ... kinda Zombie like, really. Google.images.comAnybody else remember these? Hubbs and I and Halloween fun a few years back; an Emjayandthem (C) photo
1. From breaking a century-old record for November snowfall last week to 50F and rain today – what a weather swing we’ve had here in west Michigan! I woke up to an uncommon sound for this time of year – the drip – drip – drip – of rain. Bizarre. But the coffee sure tastes […]
emjayandthembig cups... Google.images.comone end of her table..a cute lil' cheeseball .. all dressed up for the Holiday!
It’s Friday! Time for 5 Random thoughts! Here we go ~ 1. As is our tradition, the Grand kids spent time going through the various Holiday fliers and circling items for their “wish” lists. I remember doing this with the Sears Wish Book as a girl. In fact, my sisters and I would spend hours […]
emjayandthemGrandkids making 2014 Xmas listsHappy Thanksgiving! sleepy-kitten-cute-kittens-9835304-450-301Happy to share my childhood toys with her! An Emjayandthem (C) photoall about the baste
It’s Thursday already? How did that happen? I won’t be blogging tomorrow (more on that later) so here’s my very Random 5 for this crazy week: 1. My supervisor’s mother passed away last weekend after a lengthy illness. She was in her eighties and had lived a long, full live. I’d met her a few […]
It’s Friday! Time for 5 Random thoughts this Mother’s Day weekend. 1. “A mom reads you like a book, and wherever she goes, people read you like a glowing book review.” ~Robert Brault. One year ago today I was on a plane to see her. Oh what a grand time we had! This year, I […]
emjayandthemOne of my favorite pictures of Mom & me... having a Killian's in Branson, MO Me & my Hooligans at my U.S. Citizenship party. An Emjayandthem(C) photoNameless momentsmotherhood
It’s not Friday but it is time for 5 random thoughts from the ever-swirling mind of yours truly. Ready? Set? Go! 1. I make my bed as soon as I get up. Every day. Not 10 minutes later, not an hour, right away. Unless Hubbs is in it. Hard to make a bed up over […]
*originally posted October 29, 2011 When I was a little girl, Halloween was a very exciting time. We had a class party and costume parade to look forward to, yummy treats to enjoy, games to play and of course …“Trick or Treating.” Living on a farm eight miles from town, “Trick or Treating” involved 2 […]
emjayandthem100_1234Halloween_red ridin hoodmarshmallow caramel bars
It’s Monday and I’m off today … so here are 5 Randoms from my week. Ready? Let’s go. 1 Took a road trip with Hubbs over the weekend – we had a family wedding to attend so we left Friday, got stuck in traffic, and chatted all the way to our destination – Frankenmuth, MI […]
emjayandthembavarian dinnerlittle girl store windowA Victorian Prayer bratty kids
It’s Friday and the day after Thanksgiving, and Black Friday for all the shoppers. Here are 5 randoms from my world this week: 1 Sent most of the leftovers home with oldest boy & his family last night. It’s yummy and all but one plate of that calorie-dense food is enough for me. I’m still […]
emjayandthemfunny!peanuts-thanksgivingcut crystalgrateful for
It’s Friday (finally!) – here are 5 random happenings in my world this week: 1 Stopped last night to buy Christmas crackers for our family gathering in 2 – count ’em – 2 weeks. As a Canadian, this is a British tradition we enjoyed loved as kids — one person held each end of the […]
emjayandthemToo much fun!MI Capitol in foga shot of youngest boy in grade school ...and there it isGoogle.Images.com
Christmas has come and gone and with that comes time to reflect. I have a few days off ahead of me and a couple of closets that need attention. But I also have new books waiting on the end table … I think the books might win. :) The grand kids were with us the […]
emjayandthema time to keep