- RSS Channel Showcase 6288521
- RSS Channel Showcase 9098607
- RSS Channel Showcase 8549422
- RSS Channel Showcase 2066788
Articles on this Page
- 12/31/15--09:30: _Random 5 ~ NYE
- 07/12/16--03:52: _‘Till next time
- 12/04/16--08:23: _Random 5 Sunday – V...
- 12/11/16--08:04: _Memories of Masterp...
- 02/12/17--10:15: _Strong Women, Grey ...
- 07/04/17--06:54: _32 and 9 and still new
- 11/22/17--09:32: _The gift of an unco...
- 12/10/17--09:43: _Random 5 December ~...
- 09/03/18--09:33: _Random 5 for Labor ...
- 09/22/18--08:45: _Somebody giving bac...
- 12/31/15--09:30: Random 5 ~ NYE
- 07/12/16--03:52: ‘Till next time
- 12/04/16--08:23: Random 5 Sunday – Vacation, Naps, Plans and Cheer
- 12/11/16--08:04: Memories of Masterpiece
- 02/12/17--10:15: Strong Women, Grey Ties & Valentine’s Day
- 07/04/17--06:54: 32 and 9 and still new
- 11/22/17--09:32: The gift of an unconventional Holiday
- 12/10/17--09:43: Random 5 December ~ Traditions, time off and dogs
- 09/03/18--09:33: Random 5 for Labor Day ~Dishes, Empaths & Amazon
- 09/22/18--08:45: Somebody giving back in
It’s Friday Thursday and New Year’s Eve. Here are 5 randoms from my world: 1 Remember when New Year’s Eve was a big deal? Getting dressed up, wiggling into pantyhose and new shoes and a sparkly little something to go out with a bunch of people, dance, and kiss under the 5-4-3-2-1 Happy New Year […]
emjayandthemWhat sparks your creativity? google.images.comgiant coffeeMom me and sissy - wedding 2015chapter
There’s no other way to say it than to say it: Mom passed away last week. She’d been up & down and things weren’t getting better; but we’d been there before, collectively holding our breath. And then the little bit would rally and surprise us all, over and over again. Oldest sister sat with her […]
emjayandthemMom and Dad with one of their winning horses - and a date night. An Emjayandthem(C) photoangels-kiss
It’s time for Random 5 Sunday on the first Sunday in December: Thanksgiving week vacation: I’ve never taken the whole week of Thanksgiving off. I’ve taken a day here and a day there. But never the whole week. And now, … Continue reading
emjayandthemgood-for-your-soulhallmark-christmas-movieskitten asleepme, mom & my sister in Branson, MO, 2007xmas-party-2016-kiddos
Winter has arrived in Michigan – we’re on our 3rd day of heavy snow – yesterday was swirly, twirly snow spinning down and around and to the ground. Today snow is falling quickly, like rain. It’s cold and beautiful and … Continue reading
As a girl, Valentine’s Day was celebrated with a school party, card boxes, ice skating and moms visiting our classrooms. As a teenager, Valentine’s Day was celebrated with a boyfriend if I had one and avoided if I didn’t. As … Continue reading
emjayandthemgoogle.images.comgoogle imagesget-your-happy-on-quote-1Mom wrangling a Thanksgiving turkey in 1963 - mother of 5, do-er of anything she set her mind to. An Emjayandthem(C) photostrong-women
32 years ago I immigrated to the United States with $178 and a guitar. 9 years ago I stepped forward with 78 others to take the Oath of Citizenship. It was one of the proudest and most emotional moments of my life. (more about my journey here.) You see, someday I will be a citizen […]
I knew the day was coming, and tried to keep my voice cheery as I zipped his parka, handed off his Ninja Turtle backpack, and sent my 4-year-old off with his father. Freshly divorced, and newly navigating the every-other-holiday thing, I kissed my boy good-bye and squeezed his mittened hand one more time. He took […]
Hello again, friends. It’s time for another Random 5 from my part of the blog-osphere. Ready? Here we go: 1) Thursday morning, I woke with a start …. it was 4:04 a.m. and there I was, wide awake thinking about Christmas cards! Ack, rolling over, I tried to resume my slumber. No-can-do. Muttering to myself […]
How is today is September 3rd and Labor Day already? It seems like 5 minutes ago we turned the calendar from April to May ~ and while we didn’t have a typical summer, we still enjoyed many high points — beach days, good books and BBQs. To that end here are my 5 Random 5s […]
Growing up us girls would help as Mom and Aunt Irene packed for the field: Mason Jars of lemonade or iced tea, a pot of stew or chicken & dumplings wrapped in newspaper +a wool blanket before tucking all of it into a box in the trunk of the Oldsmobile. Nothing about this was disposable, […]